Skip to main content

A New Nigerian

As we celebrate our democracy today, with high hopes of a better Nigeria, I will like to shift our focus a little from those in authority to us that are being governed. We as followers should take up our responsibility. We should do what's right. Do it because it's right, then Do it right. We should have a change of attitude and ensure that we ourselves are agents of change and transformation anywhere we found ourselves. We must be willing to obey authorities and laid down laws and ordinances. We should pay our tax and bills as at when due. We should love ourselves regardless of tribe and ethnicity. If you love me you won't cheat or dupe me, you won't want to steal from me. We should embrace peace for nothing can be built in the time of war. Also, don't let us bad mouth and speak speak evil of our leaders. Give honour to them, reverence them regardless of whom they are because every authority is constituted by God and speaking against them is speaking against God. Let's be correct citizens. And finally, lets pray for those in authority. Our prayer alter is our control room. It's a place where we can determine what we want them to do according to the will of God. As for me I choose to be an Agent of Change and Transformation, I choose to be a blessing to Nigeria, I choose to work towards seeing a better Nigeria that I and my children and their children will be proud of. I therefore pledge to Nigeria my country to be faithful loyal and true, to serve Nigeria with all my heart, to defend her unity and uphold her honour and glory. So help me God.
I am the new Nigeria.
@ableabayomi
©theINSIGHT 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favour Demystified

W elcome to another Wednesday’s insight series.  I believe you are set to get another insight today so, let’s dive in. Dictionary defines favour as an act of kindness done or granted out of goodwill. It is also to show preferential treatment to someone. Favour is derived from the same root word as Grace, CHARIS. And this makes favour to be as powerful as grace. But while grace is totally unmerited and unearned, favour can be deserved, gained and entreated. There are two dimensions of favour; favour with God and favour with man. The greatest dimension is to be in favour with God because when you have that, favour with man comes cheaply.  You don’t beg for man’s favour when you are in favour with God, God himself will cause men to favour you-He will cause you to find favour with people regardless of how high and mighty they are.  Another truth about favour is that it does not have prejudice for colour, race, gender or location. You’re a candidate for favour as long...

August; Sudden Visitations

I remember anytime someone visits us unexpectedly we say this is an August visitor. We are surprised at the coming of the person and at the same time the person is highly welcomed. This actually doesn't mean the person came in August but it just denotes the arrival of an important person unexpectedly. Sudden Visitations brings with it surprises and blessings. For example, when God visited Sarah, barrenness was terminated, when He visited Obededom suddenly, Obededom became prosperous, when He visited Paul and Silas, their bond was loosed. And when he visits you too, your desires are met. Therefore, in this month of August, there shall be unexpected arrival of great things in your life. God will visit you this month. And understand that when God visits you, He doesn't come empty handed, He comes with a gift for you. I'm so full of assurance that you will have testimonies this month. Your head shall be lifted up, your hands shall be made strong , your feet shall be str...

Relationships: 5 Ways to Apologize

Because we are relational beings we tend to offend others and step on each other’s toe but then if we want to maintain a peaceful life and continue to enjoy our relationship with them we must know how to apologize. And because we are different and unique, each of us has a way of which we want the apology to be expressed. No wonder sometimes we apologize and it seems the other person is not satisfied. It’s not that you didn’t apologize just that you didn’t express it in the language they will understand. You must therefore understand the apology language of the other person in other for both of you to be reconciled. Therefore let me share with you five ways you express apology Expressing Regret: "I am sorry." "I feel badly that my behavior has hurt you so deeply." This language identifies with the emotions of the offended party. Accepting Responsibility: "I was wrong." Name your mistake and accept fault. "I should not have done that. There...